عام / مصر تسجل 212 حالة إيجابية جديدة لفيروس كورونا و22 حالة وفاة

القاهرة 12 محرم 1442هـ الموافق 31 أغسطس 2020 واس
أعلنت وزارة الصحة والسكان المصرية عن تسجيل 212 حالة إيجابية جديدة لفيروس كورونا في البلاد، بالإضافة إلى 22 حالة وفاة، وذلك خلال الأربع والعشرين ساعة الماضية.
وأوضح المتحدث باسم وزارة الصحة والسكان المصرية الدكتور خالد مجاهد في بيان له اليوم أن 809 حالات من المصابين خرجت من مستشفيات العزل والحجر الصحي، ليرتفع إجمالي المتعافين من فيروس كورونا إلى 72929 حالة.
وأشار الدكتور خالد مجاهد إلى أن إجمالي الإصابات بفيروس كورونا في مصر بلغ حتى اليوم 98939 حالة، فيما وصل إجمالي الوفيات إلى 5421 حالة وفاة.
// انتهى //
02:00ت م
0263

رياضي / الاتحاد السكندري يفوز على الإسماعيلي في الدوري المصري لكرة القدم

القاهرة 12 محرم 1442هـ الموافق 31 أغسطس 2020 واس
حقق فريق الاتحاد السكندري فوزًا ثمينًا على مضيفه الإسماعيلي بثلاثة أهداف مقابل هدف واحد، في المباراة التي أقيمت بينهما اليوم في ملعب الإسماعيلية، ضمن منافسات الجولة الثالثة والعشرين من بطولة الدوري المصري الممتاز لكرة القدم.
وبهذه النتيجة ارتفع رصيد الاتحاد السكندري إلى 34 نقطة في المركز الخامس، فيما تجمد رصيد الإسماعيلي عند 27 نقطة في المركز الثامن.
// انتهى //
01:00ت م
0262

اقتصادي / انخفاض أسعار النفط مع ارتفاع الإنتاج الأمريكي

واشنطن 12 محرم 1442هـ الموافق 31 أغسطس 2020 واس
سجلت أسعار النفط انخفاضاً اليوم، مع ارتفاع الإنتاج الأمريكي من النفط.
وأنهت عقود برنت لأقرب استحقاق جلسة التداول منخفضة 53 سنتاً، أو 1.2 بالمئة، لتبلغ عند التسوية 45.28 دولار للبرميل.
وتراجع خام القياس الأمريكي غرب تكساس الوسيط 36 سنتا، أو 0.8 بالمئة، ليسجل عند التسوية 42.61 دولار للبرميل.
وسجل الخام الأمريكي رابع شهر من المكاسب مع صعوده 5.8 بالمئة، بعد أن سجل أعلى مستوى في خمسة أشهر عند 43.78 دولار للبرميل في السادس والعشرين من أغسطس.
// انتهى //
00:58ت م
0261

Akron Board of Education reverses decision, now allowing contact and non-contact sports this fall

AKRON, Ohio (WJW) — The Akron Board of Education reversed two earlier decisions, and voted to allow contact and non-contact sports to proceed in the district. The 4-to-3 vote Monday evening also allows the resumption of practice and limited performance of high school marching bands.

Board member Dr. Derrick Hall says intense public response led to several board members scheduling a special meeting to address the issue. The board had previously voted to stop football and marching band activities, which had already begun practicing over the summer. The move was done in response to concerns over the coronavirus pandemic. 

Classes for the upcoming school year will still be conducted remotely.

Several board members said two protests and several petitions with thousands of signatures from parents and students led them to reconsider.

“At no point did the health department say no or yes to playing sports,” said Hall.

During the meeting, board members who opposed a return to sports read emails from concerned parents and students. 

“I personally am not willing to sacrifice my education for full sports,” recited board member Dr. N.J. Akbar, reading an email from a high school football player in the district.

“What I can’t understand is why we can’t make a decision that is a better public health choice,” said board member Valerie McKitrick.

Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below: 

I-Team: Mansfield school computers hacked, but parents not informed

MANSFIELD, Ohio (WJW) — The FOX 8 I-Team has uncovered a big secret kept from parents in the Mansfield City School District. Hackers got into the school computer system months ago, but parents say they are just now hearing about it from the I-Team.

Monday, we showed up at the office of the School District’s lawyer. Andrew Burton greeted us with, “I don’t know why you’re here.”

We told him we went to see him to have a conversation about the hacking. We had gotten nowhere on the phone last week with the district.

Burton referred to, “The hacking…or whatever.” He then refused to explain exactly what the hackers had done and how the district responded.

He answered questions on the phone with phrases including, “I’m not at liberty to discuss that,” and, “I can’t answer that question directly.”

Yet, when we then saw him in person, he quickly scrambled away from our camera. Burton said, “My client will have a statement. I have nothing else to say to you.”

Parents we spoke with outside Malabar Intermediate School told us the district had not announced anything about any hacking, and they found that alarming.

“It’s concerning. I have to hear from a news reporter. I wish the district would have notified us,” said parent Leona Smith.

The I-Team then requested internal school district records. The district sent us nearly 700 pages, mostly duplicates of small portions of emails. They refer to a “cyber incident,” “security breach,” a “computer compromised,” and more.

But, mostly we reviewed page after page of heavily blacked out documents. More secrecy.

Behind all of that, we noticed the district hired a computer security company involved in “incident response.” A website shows that company services offered include “ransomware negotiation and payment.”

A check shows the district paid that firm $10,000. But, we’re told, the district insurance company paid all other costs related to this.

Parents wonder if the hackers found out anything about their families?

The Mansfield Superintendent also is not commenting.

The district’s lawyer also pointed out in an email that the school system only has to follow the law to provide records, not information.

To taxpayers, that’s a slap in the face, especially after the way the district gave us records heavily blacked out.

The I-Team also found the district did not notify the FBI, Mansfield Police, or the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation of the incident.

Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below: